AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DTN
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 7/5/2006 12:45 (#24239 - in reply to #23272)
Subject: Re: DTN

Grand Rapids, MI
I think DTN has two different online services. The one I use is www.adgayta.com I think I am paying $200-$250 per year, I can't remember. However, I just see that when I pull up their website it says $480 per year. Perhaps I am grandfathered in under a lower rate or something, or perhaps they will try to over double it next time I have to renew my subscription. If so I will cancel and use the various free services. I remember seeing at a trade show some other online service that they have, I think it is supposed to have even more features and is more expensive. The one I use though I think has everything that is on the satellite subscription, and I find it easier to navigate. When I hop on somebodys satelite box all those ads drive me crazy. One might ask if there is a way to get a better deal on the www.agdayta.com service.

As for weather I use the free National Weather Service site. I figure my check I send into Uncle Sam has already paid for it. Here is the link I have saved to my local radar, I think you can navigate to your area from there. There are all sorts of neat weather tools on there

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=grr&product=NTP&overlay=1110...

As for any of these services, I can't imagine using them with dial-up, but it has been so long since I have had to use dial-up I would not know how they perform under those conditions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)