AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar with EZ GUide +
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Don Smith
Posted 12/27/2007 00:48 (#268859 - in reply to #268729)
Subject: RE: Greenstar with EZ GUide +

Centre county Pennsylvania, USA
Scott, Mapshots free software (FOViewer and FODD for combine) will read combine cards and provide farm and field yield maps and yield summaries on screen as shown in my above post, but doesn't print either of those. To print them I use PrintScreen key to copy the on-screen windows then paste them in Paint and print from there. Mapshots free software does not provide card setup capability, you will need one of JD's software programs (JDOffice or Apex) for that, or if you don't like dealing with buggy software I think (hope) we can use Mapshots ES software package for that....that's our next software purchase.

Doebler's triple stack came up 13 bushels short against PHI non-GMO in the 23 acre field shown in yield map attached to above post. PHI shows as green in the top 9 transects in that map. Most of the balance is the Doebler triple stack, it shows as mostly red in that map. I've attached the yield properties (snapped from FOViewer's Properties window) for both varieties, the 13 bushel difference came from those summaries. PHI's non-GMO variety is listed correctly as 36B08, Doebler triple stack variety is listed as JDV1 because combine operator selected wrong variety when he shelled the Doebler:( That field was corn on corn, PHI non-GMO got full rate Force, Doebler triple stack got no insecticide. Field was no-til planted early May and sidedressed with 35 gallons of 30% UAN in mid June, significant drought stress during growing season.

(PHI nonGMO yield in Ormsby OR-1 for 2007.jpg)

(Doebler triple stack yield, in Ormsby OR-1 for 2007.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PHI nonGMO yield in Ormsby OR-1 for 2007.jpg (19KB - 290 downloads)
Attachments Doebler triple stack yield, in Ormsby OR-1 for 2007.jpg (22KB - 262 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)