AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pics of winter grazing in Utah
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 12/24/2007 14:15 (#267484 - in reply to #267255)
Subject: RE: How far are you from Altruras?

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
Alturas is an hour drive away, SE of here. Just down the road you know ;) It is actually our county seat, so any county stuff that needs to be done means a drive there. That Basque restaurant, the Brass Rail is still there. I eat there whenever I'm in town and since it is just as close for us as the 'big' town of K Falls, OR we will go there for dinner or something as well. Can't beat the lamb steak, rib steak, or the cheap red wine...

You probably wouldn't recognize most of Northern CA, save Modoc county and Alturas. We've probably seen a population decrease here since the 70's, not that it bothers me at all. Population has yet to break 10,000 in the county. The rest of the area, esp. the valley around Sacramento has just become full of houses.

Sounds like an interesting cattle operation. Running cows out on the desert and range sounds real easy to people who don't understand it. Really ticks me off when people start whining about how ranchers are getting rich running cows for 'nothing' on federal leases.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)