AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aluminum stock trailers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/20/2007 05:05 (#264497 - in reply to #264385)
Subject: RE: Aluminum stock trailers

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
All three are ok. The biggest thing I would look is your dealer. There is twenty-five G/N stock trailers in my valley here. Three are steel, Three are Alum. Wilsons, the rest are Featherlite Alum. I had a buddy that lives in Utah bought a Kiefer Alum. about 4 months ago. It's ok, but too many latches on back gate for me, if you were cowboying all day long in and out of trailer you would hate it. But to just open it once or twice a day no big deal. There is one Ebby trailer about 45 miles from me. I've looked at it a time or two just briefly. It seemed ok to me too, All I remember the most, it had special rims on it heavy steel rims, they were solid steel centers. I'm sure for heavy ply tires they were running, maybe they were 17.5 lowboy tires, I can't remember.

As far as pricing, they all price about the same. I would look at dealers lots, and see what is eating his lunch on inventory at this time. I sure being the end of the year, they will be willing to deal in the next couple of days. I find the best deals I ever get are just right after x-mas. Or right after the first of the year, but if you need to purchase it before that doesn't help much unless dealer is willing to date it back a couple of days.

I 've got to haul cattle today, I will see if I can take a picture of my new 08' Featherlite 24'. I had them put the lever locks on both sides of end gate on the back. It's nice to be able to open gate both ways, the biggest reason is to see if it will help on hinge wear, as there is no hinges on back gate. You pop both lever locks at the same time and gate would fall out. I can just see that one now, two drunk cowboys, jumping out of the pickup truck running back to trailer to open rear door, and having it fall to the ground and the cows getting out!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)