AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Confusion with EZ-Guide 500/Autopilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/12/2007 07:02 (#236298 - in reply to #236149)
Subject: Lockup

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
On two occasions with the 8120, I had a situation where the autopilot would engage but not follow the correct pass.

The first time this happened was when I returned to a field where I had a strip left to till. I engaged going North and the steering was as expected. I then drove to a different part of this odd shaped field and "struck out" with a pass heading South. The autopilot engaged as evidenced by the screen and the front wheel motion. The system would not stay locked on that Pass and progressively temporarily latched on to the next pass and then after a second or two jumped to the next pass beside that one.

I tried this a few times with no improvement. Finally I shut the system down and did a reboot. Since my 332 gets its power from the same switch, I did lose Convergence on it also but it regained fairly quickly. The system seemed to work fine for the rest of that field and also in the next field.

The second occasion was pretty similar. I was tilling going basically West with good results. Once when I turned around to head back East I had the same experience. That time I tried turning around to go West again for test purposes. The system seemed to latch on correctly going West but not East.

Once again the solution was a reboot.

This only happened the two times in many passes so the situation is certainly tolerable. I may rewire the GPS with its own switch so that I can reboot the Nav II without powering down the GPS and losing Convergence.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)