AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Confusion with EZ-Guide 500/Autopilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 11/11/2007 22:34 (#236149 - in reply to #235878)
Subject: RE: FMD sounds

Hillsboro, AL

The guidance lines for the FMD are stored in a shape file. There is a file for each field. It is named "swaths". I have not imported lines, but I have taken the shape file and edited it directly. I have smoothed contour lines. I have cut the end of of contour lines. I have added a line to the shape file. I did all this in EasiSuites. I then just copied the shape file back to the correct folder on the card. This has all worked fine for me.

I ran prescriptions on the FMD this spring. It worked but there was an error in the FMD that cause it to give incorrect rates. I was told that they divided by a conversion factor when they should have multiplied (or maybe it was the other way around). I had to us a multiplier factor to get the FMD to apply the map rate. They said at the time that an update would be coming, but as far as I know it still have not been released.

I have seen the stuck screen that you mentioned and I have seen the unit slow downs, but not recently. A reboot always fixed the problem. I suspect there will be a major firmware release around the 1st of year it Trimble follows past practices.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)