AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

renting out land
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

IL_no_till
Posted 10/19/2007 16:58 (#222963 - in reply to #222949)
Subject: Re: renting out land

Central IL
make certain it is spelled it very clearly in the contract the exact expectations of maintaining fertility.

Whether you are going to handle that by using a set removal rate based on yield, by grain sampling to determine removal, or by soil testing.

There can be quite of variability in soil testing based on lab, time of year, weather conditions, etc. etc. etc let alone just from sample to the next pulled from the same location as I'm sure you're already aware.

Make sure it is understood what method is going to be used going in so no one is dissappointed in the end.

Hopefully didn't come across wrong on the "control" factor of who the fertilizer source is, just kind of struck me the same as: "My son sells X brand of seed, so you will buy all of the seed from him to plant on this farm". Almost seemed as though you were looking to maintain a great deal of agronimic decision control and could possibly be better off looking for a custom operator. With that said, you do seem to have a handle on one way of not ending up with mined soil in the end, which is a very good thing to control.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)