AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Suggestion.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Rich
Posted 9/29/2007 00:50 (#211452 - in reply to #210640)
Subject: Ok Ed, gave er some thought.

Kansas
Scrap the entire original idea and start over. You site protectors and managers have more than enough to do already not to mention your livlihood. In the beginning this will take off like a wildfire but soon after it will calm down and small additions will be made as time progresses.

So my recommendation for the beginning is make it a place to add as users see fit. I also think we might make it so people can reply like other forums. If 1 guy says it's good and 3 others got ripped off and found a better spot, I'd like to see those 3 be able to say in that spot and then we can remove the suggestion entirely. Perhaps each original thread should be posted with the poll option and the poll can be 1: Good recommendation 2: Avg Recommendation 3: Bad recommendation please remove.

Now, it would be nice to have the tractor area and the planter area and the computer area and on down the line but the truth in the matter is that the home page would triple in length to go down and read and over time I'm afraid some of the forums might become a stalemate or people would begin to post in them just to change the view once and it would ruin the original intent. So just one forum........Newagtalk Users Recommendations.........or something along those lines.

We'd have to expect a little responsibility amongst the posters. If one guy has started a massey thread of where to get cheaper and long lasting rebuilt parts a person needs to do his homework and look around for it to reply to it instead of just posting a new thread on the top of the front page. In theory it will be like a rolodex albeit will not work as handy, we will have to do a little "researching" to find the topic we were after........big deal though, right? Better than asking again on machinery talk and maybe not getting the reply we are looking for till the next morning.

So.....Conclusion. Subject line make sure the topic is clear and all there. Such as "Cummins Replacement ECM" or "Aftermarket Sensors for Planters". When the post is typed have it done so with the poll option so people can rate it if they use it and won't even have to reply as to keep down repetitive responses. List phone numbers, Addresses, Website and I wouldn't be against someone going as far as to post an image of what they are looking at if its an ecm or a sensor 1 sensor pad.

I imagine in the beginning there might be some confusion, Might be some double posting. Aw heck, shouldn't be to big of a deal, We should get through it alright. Once people get to reading the topics a bit and they will start sticking and someone will know if there is a massey thread there to go back to and reply to with a new place for cheaper rear beater bearings or if there is a new place on the block that will actually beat sensor 1's prices on wiriing harness or whatever the case may be.

Ok.................let me have it. Grand, great, Good or back to the drawing board?
I'm open to all criticism on this subject good or bad.

Rich
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)