AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sorghum planting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lmeppem
Posted 9/20/2007 15:17 (#206766 - in reply to #206695)
Subject: Re: sorghum planting

nw nsw australia
G'day Boyd,we are normally in a 24"rain fall but our good old drought has fixed that,yes I think Texans and Aussies have alot in common.I did a trip over there in 1986 Dallas Lubbock Plainview,then up north got in a van at O'haire and drove across the top to Fargo had a great time.Hope to get over again some time I want to se a mate who came over here classing cotton had a car accident an broke his neck he is a quad and is in Memphis.Enough of the past we put the lorsban down for wire worm,I'm irrigated(all be it less than normal) but the dryland around here normally yeilds 1.5 -2 tonnes(metric) per a/c a lot of single skip(2in 1out) here and west double skip and 60" rows, cotton out to 80".I am on mtr rows but prabably should be looking at 30",but I do alot of contracting around here and most are on 1 mtr. N normally split some down pre plant 60% then the rest in crop either gas or urea depending on price. Here are photos of the rig I built to apply ,note the front axle of the air cart is the rear out of a 2166. (can un hook the cart hook up the nh3 tank change opners takes about 2 hours)

Edited by lmeppem 9/20/2007 15:33

(PICT0019-1 (Small).JPG)

(PICT0022-1 (Small).JPG)

(PICT0023-1 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PICT0019-1 (Small).JPG (44KB - 106 downloads)
Attachments PICT0022-1 (Small).JPG (42KB - 100 downloads)
Attachments PICT0023-1 (Small).JPG (58KB - 85 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)