AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Dusters revisited.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kurt
Posted 9/11/2007 22:39 (#202313 - in reply to #201890)
Subject: RE: Private pilot license ?.

Palestine Illinois
Mine went just fine. It was nerve racking but not to difficult. The day I had it scheduled there was a thunderstorm, so I called the examiner and asked if I could come and do the verbal part that day and fly the next. He did allow that, and it was a good thing. When we got to the airspace part i got confused, and he said go home and study and we will resume tomorrow. Then every thing was clear in my mind the next day.

The flying portion was easy. Just a few different types of take offs and landings. The stalls that he wanted were just barley a buffet then resume a normal angle of attack. Steep turns, slow flight. He did get me on the simulated emergency landing. I had just done hooded flight, and as soon as the hood came off he said engine failure find a place to land. I looked around and found a field. What I did not know was that we had just went over a private airstrip on his side. I thought that was playing a bit dirty and he agreed, but it was a good lesson to look a bit more thoroughly.

All in all it was not nearly as difficult as I was expecting. But I feel that I was well prepared. My instructor was very experienced and knew every thing that the examiner wanted.

Good luck, and don't be overly nervous.

Kurt
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)