AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Dusters revisited.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 9/11/2007 07:22 (#201876 - in reply to #201746)
Subject: RE: RE: Crop Dusters revisited.

Little River, TX
The flying is not all that difficult. A reasonable supply of common sense and the ability to maintain you focus on what you are doing at that moment.
The planes are designed to be flown. With a high clear view cockpit, you can see the whole world. The angle of attack makes the ground close in is within your vision. The low wing allows you to see what you are turning into. Comparatively speaking a Boeing 727 the pilots are flying blind.
At one time I was considering the profession. I was given some good advise. !. never fly under anything. 2. never make those air show turns, keep it simple and coordinated.

The first dedicated planes were piper cubs and WW II planes converted to the job. Then TAMU and a fellow named Snow came up with the current basic design. Now the planes are larger and much more expensive. Besides the flying there is the commercial applicators license that can reach out and bite the pilot.

For many reason I am glad I went back to baling hay. My short attention span is one of them.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)