AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will this clean 2,4-D brush spray from my tank?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 8/19/2007 23:51 (#189984 - in reply to #189018)
Subject: Re: Will this clean 2,4-D brush spray from my tank?

East Central Arkansas
If you decide to use ammonia to clean this tank you need to be sure and rinse the bleach compleatly from the tank and spray system. Bleach and ammonia make very toxic fumes. Ammonia is the prefered cleaner for cleaning 2 4 D from tanks. When cleaning Dicampa [spelling] I usually flush tank and system with a full load of water then I add about 50 gallons on water and a gallon of high strength commercial ammonnia cleaner. I think it called B-26. Strong stuff. Have to store 55 gal drum under open shed and need to have a breeze blowing when you open the drum. I circulate this in the system and spray some through the boom. I usually let this set in the boom for a while and then spray a little more through the boom. I then finish filling the tank with water and let set over night. It's a good ideal to clean any strainers and spray out the tank with pressure washer after the first rinse water. I usually add some liquid dawn dishwashing soap in with the ammonia. It's best not to leave products like 2 4 D in a sprayer you want to use for other jobs. Put it out then clean it as soon as finished.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)