AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dairy Guys, in barn camera advice please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 10/27/2011 11:58 (#2021846)
Subject: Dairy Guys, in barn camera advice please

Manitoba
Think I need to install cameras in the barn, not to watch calves, cows but to watch staff. Had to let a long time employee (milker) go this morning because of repeated complaints of physical / verbal abuse by other staff. He denies it but he's been here a long time and there is some history of issues so I had to make a call and went with my gut on this one. Not an easy decision as were on the edge as far as being short staffed, well, now we are significantly on the wrong side of that edge.

Any of you have systems in the barn, parlor etc that goes to a digital recorder so when I have situations like this I can be sure what really happens. I don't like to have to do this but there is just so many situations where it would solve problems. (people issues, protocols, theft, etc.) What makes, Are you happy with them, suggestions on areas where they really have been a benefit. I was thinking a couple in the barn, maybe 2 in theparlor (one each end looking toward each other), milk house, calving pen etc. (calving pen more for knowing when the calf was born and when it finally got colostrum)

Again I hate having to play cop but can't see any other way to solve these issues.

Thanks

all the areas I'm thinking of are fairly close to office so I don't think wireless is necessary.

martin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)