AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

daily hauling manure from a freestall barn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Poo Solutions
Posted 10/10/2011 17:10 (#1998395 - in reply to #1991396)
Subject: RE: daily hauling manure from a freestall barn

I do love sand for parts sales...

We have plenty of customers hauling sand with slurry tankers. I would stay away from a barrel type vacuum tank, the velocity of material is too slow as the tank gets empty becuase of the large barrel diameter and it tends to build up. The mushroom shape is better since the material maintains some material speed towards the impeller housing at the end of the load. I also reccomend going with a steerable tank since sand laden manure weighs more than traditional manure and it will be easier on the tractor and undercarriage.

I have several custom operators that use the in-tank recirculation kit, to agitate the load while going down the road. In the thumb area of Michigan we sell a lot of tanks with a hydraulic driven auger in the bottom to move sand towards the impeller housing. A lot of it will depend on your type of sand and how much liquid is coming into your pit. Large sand settles faster, thicker manure (no milkhouse liquid) will do a better job keeping sand in suspension.

Hope this helps. I reccomend a GEA Houle manure spreader, they sign my paycheck but, I have also worked with numerous satisfied customers in the heavily sand-bedded dairy state of WI.

Andy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)