AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grazing the driveway (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 9/8/2011 13:43 (#1952556 - in reply to #1952408)
Subject: RE: Grazing the driveway - bull waiting for a beer? (more pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Thank you. I agree about that calf. That is what I am breeding and culling for: long, low and wide with quick maturity to harvest at 13 months.  These are all bull bred from my Huth bulls T021 (now sold) and U070. I don't do AI in my system.

Here's a picture of my main U070 bull. My neighbor calls him "Shorty". We are also sharing a home raised bull out of my best cow. this was when I was letting them mow the grass around the shed. I think he was looking at me and waiting for something off the Weber grill and maybe a beer... 

U070 is a very gentle bull built and bred for grass that sires long low wide calves. Pair with some of my heavier milking cows produces early maturing calves as you see.

Folks can critique his feet but as my vet says a bull needs to be looked as a package. I like this package and his calves. Thanks again for the kind words.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 9/8/2011 13:46

(IMG_1064_U070 waiting for a beer around the shed 090711.jpg)

(IMG_1065_finish mowing around the shed 090711.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1064_U070 waiting for a beer around the shed 090711.jpg (52KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1065_finish mowing around the shed 090711.jpg (94KB - 82 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)