AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grazing the driveway (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 9/7/2011 00:01 (#1950168)
Subject: Grazing the driveway (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

It is that time of year when the calves are getting bigger, grazing more and the grass is still slow from the August heat. But the red clover really comes into its own.   My cows were in an adjacent pasture on their rotation so rather than mow around the shed I just opened the gate and let the 4-legged mowers take care of the grass/clover.

Here are a couple pictures of them grazing along the shed driveway. Saves on mower gas but you do need to be careful where you walk for awhile...

I just looked at Galaxy's great pictures of his herd in Wyoming and think maybe grazing along the driveway is about as far from grazing the range out west as you can get in the US.

This years March-April calves are grazing a lot of their own as well as still on momma. Here are three of them and a heifer grazing together as they walked along the drive.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 9/7/2011 00:04

(IMG_1051_4 legged lawnmowers grazing near the shed 090611.jpg)

(IMG_1054_3 calves and a heifer grazing near the shed 090611.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1051_4 legged lawnmowers grazing near the shed 090611.jpg (109KB - 142 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1054_3 calves and a heifer grazing near the shed 090611.jpg (84KB - 155 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)