AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wondering on a Steak Feed Fundraiser??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

black dirt
Posted 3/14/2011 08:37 (#1669305 - in reply to #1666417)
Subject: RE: Wondering on a Steak Feed Fundraiser??

Elkhart, Illinois
$6.49 is not too bad of a price, BUT. Go to local grocers (NOT WALMART) now and give them an opportunity to provide the meat at a good price in exchange for a "MEAT PROVIDED BY??????????" You might be surprized what they can do if you give them a little time ahead. I buy alot of Ribeye in a years time for different things and routinely buy $0.50 - $1.00 less than that. Your local grocer may view this as an oportunity for positive local exposure.
Example: I bought whole ribeye for PButler's party for $5.89 with only 1 1/2 weeks notice from local store. He was glad to have the business and kept it in his cooler until the morning of the party.

If this fundraiser is served at supper time, don't be cheap with the serving. 6-8 oz. is on the small side for a steak. Ribeye sandwiches are usually 5-6 oz. and hard to cook other than well-done because they are so thin. Give them 12 oz. and charge accordingly. People expect to give a little at a fund raiser. After all, that is what they are for. But make them feel like they got a good meal. 12 oz. is certainly not overdoing it. If you want an option, offer 12 ounce steaks or 5 oz. ribeye sammies.

Just my $0.02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)