AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

son of gndfarms about the dairy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

gndfarms
Posted 3/7/2011 00:19 (#1655336)
Subject: son of gndfarms about the dairy

mid minnesota

Hi everybody, This is the son that is trying to get into dairying. First I would like to thank all of you for your comments on our prevouis thread about starting a new dairy. And yes I know alot of you think I should go to college and get a degree because Im prolly just some dumb kid not saying I am a genuis but I think i got my head on strait.From my point of veiw no i do NOT know everything far cry from it but college is not for me if i need information, there is many sources besides college.. and i am not a kid that just sits with my nose in the corner all day i ask questions everyday if its from mecanhics, vets,parts ppl,finacial services,other farmers,you guys on agtalk the list goes on. I am looking in to FSA for finacing the cows and yes i will be enrolled in a college program for a guy to come once a month and help with book work. I will be going through the bank for the main structural loan. To give you guys a little short story of what i do and my plans.I work full time for a 160 cow dairy 7 days a week not to far from home and help my dad as very much as possible. i love cows i love everything about them and i am looking into starting my own herd it may be small but you know im not trying to get rich off this. i will be happy if the opration keeps itself going i have a full time off farm job to supplement my income to pay for other things and yes this will be a work load but hey i am young work dont scare me some day, ill be able to just farm full time at home. i have many many freinds, neighboors,family memebers that are there to help me if i strugle not finacially but any other way they can help and my dad may not be like all you guys out there cause he is proud to have his son so interested in farming and take so much pride in everything i do with the farm im not into going and spending thousands and thousands of dollars on a collage degree. if i was going for a doctor yeah i would. me and my father inspire eachother everyday with our ideas and descions. maybe some of you out there should think of how you were when you were my age in my situation wanting to do nothing but farm and may that be 5, 10, maybe even 30 years ago but look where you are now still farming. i canot do nothing else but farm. im not at all intersted in anything else. and no im not some daddys boy that runs around with his checkbook. i have my own payments and even own some of my own equipment. i know whats going on in our operation because iam part of it. As far as going out and experienceing life in college not for me. i have read what some of you did in college drink and party and what not thats not for me and no this is not just me arguing about college with all you guys just a little insight about me and my life of what im trying to do. well time to go i got much much more figuring to do on alotta things ttyl thanks again Dylan. 

Edited by gndfarms 3/7/2011 20:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)