AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

someone talk me out of buying robot milkers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/4/2011 02:27 (#1525461 - in reply to #1525406)
Subject: RE: someone talk me out of buying robot milkers

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
How much for robot milkers, if you don't mind me asking? I thought prices I heard years ago were $500,000 plus? You make it sound as if you can pay for it in one years cost of labor. If it is 1-5 years cost of labor, boy I would take a hard look at it. How much more chemicals, soap, etc. will be used? Also the learning curve for the cows? How many do they project will not learn the new robot system? I would think you would a percentage that would have to be culled, maybe cows with big udders, that don't fit the system? I don't know anything about them. I do know that a good friend that installs dairy equipment tells me the average life of dairy equipment is 10 years. People either expand, sell out, do some type of remodel around that time. What are they saying on lifespan? Rest assured what ever you put in, it will be outdated in 6 months. Will they have yearly updates on software for cost?

One plus it would be easier to get hired help if you put in, because this day and age kids really like working with computers. I'm really thinking it would be easier to get someone to train to take care of it, than to just be a cow milker.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)