AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to keep from getting all choked up at funeral??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redgreenandrust
Posted 12/27/2010 23:08 (#1510426 - in reply to #1510280)
Subject: Re: How to keep from getting all choked up at funeral??

thumb of michigan
I went to a funeral today for a little old lady who was like a grandmother to me for 20 years. A funeral is the place to get "choked up". Nothing wrong with it and it helps. This is coming from a guy who looks like he would fit in with any motorcycle gang out there, except I wash and am not nasty usually. Just remember her, do the best you can, BREATHE, and you will be fine. Nothing wrong with laughter or tears. I am sure you will remember her with both. One of the songs at the service really got to me today. Since she was a bible school teacher for many years the song was "Jesus loves me this I know" but the senior edition. The first line was "Jesus loves me this I know, even if my hair is white as snow". Not a dry eye in the place but also a lot of smiles at the same time. Rehearse it a few times, but don't worry too much and don't be afraid to add to it as you read. I am sure something will come to you as you are standing there . Above all else I hope you make the service a celebration of her life, not an event of sorrow.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)