AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where do you buy your Harley, Honda leather clothing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 12/21/2010 06:54 (#1498208 - in reply to #1497531)
Subject: RE: Where do you buy your Harley, Honda leather clothing?

Thumb of Michigan
Tourmaster is another company that makes good fabric stuff.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Whitehorse Gear over the years. They sell a couple of different brands of stuff, and seem to have a sale going all the time. They'll send a catalog if you ask.

If you attend almost any medium to large motorcycle function, there's going to be many, many dead cows hides for sale. Hate to recommend that you go all the way to Daytona just to buy riding gear, but I will admit to going there the first week in March for no explainable reason at all.

To be honest, I have had comments on some of my riding gear over the years. Carhartt bibs are at least as good as any leather chaps I've owned. A free seed corn coat works OK as a riding coat as well. I did once have one of the local yuppie bikers comment to me about not having the "right" riding gear (i.e.' Harley clothes) , just no question as far as he was concerned. Harley leather was the safest way to go, according to him. I asked him if he'd ever seen a cow slide down the road at 65 mph. He hadn't. I have. Long story, but I don't care who's leathers they are, your not bullet proof with any of it on. Function before form.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)