AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

drop/bottle calves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

corn&beef
Posted 12/15/2010 14:52 (#1487503 - in reply to #1487484)
Subject: Re: drop/bottle calves

LeRoy IL
Majority of the calves would have already gotten colostrum, they must have it with in 24 hours. I would look at giveing the Poly serum instead of Bo bec. Poly serum is a vaccination and a treatment, It will cover several things. Does your milk have NT and or bovetec. They should be able to handle 2 quarts per feeding, the bloat could be caused by a disease that the NT should take care of but not always. Some of those bugs need a different aproch to kill them. The calves must not get dehydrated, If they won't eat you will need to tube them. I would also give them a nassal at the sale barn. Draxxin seem high per bottle but aruond $2.50 per calf. You could use Nuflor. LA 200 is still a good product to use, but Draxxin , Batril and Nuflor are a little better. I would also get some Bannime to have on hand. The dosage for Bo-Se is 1 cc per 25lbs. Vital E is always good to give along with vitamin b.

Do you keep your calves penned seperate form each other . If not then make some stalls and make sure they cant lick each other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)