AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need some fashion advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 12/10/2010 11:03 (#1478203 - in reply to #1477625)
Subject: RE: need some fashion advice

central - east central Minnesota -

Bernie nw ON - 12/9/2010 22:34 I've been able to conduct most of my life thus far without having to 'dress up'. 'Business casual' has been my wardrobe for church, weddings and meetings. Since I recently took on some more responsibilities ( got elected to municipal council) I need to get my look upscaled a bit. Or so I have been told.The last suit I bought was 15 years ago and appears to have shrunk. Need to head to town tomorrow and find a new suit. I know it will probably a bit of $$. Any fashion tips? I hate ties, can I still be respectable in a suit without a tie? As in no tie with a traditional shirt. Seems a little odd to ask this here but you guys haven't let me down yet.

As Dawn stated, a good dress jacket can make a big difference. I don't think you need to go to the Nineth, though. The idea behind dressing for the part or dressing for success, is to command a certain amount of reaction or respect. People (for the most part) form views of what someone has on - police uniforms command respect (for the most part), same with military uniforms. Now think of the Red Green post above, suspenders and plaid - says layed back and not taken seriously . . .  In your new posistion, I think a nice jacket will give the idea of your posistion and you want to be taken seriously. I most likely wouldn't ware a tie - unless the prefessionalism of the board is set up that way. Farming is a profession and I agree, in your new role, protray it properly. Dressing for the part (costume) makes the difference between believible and someone that doesn't know much.
I have witness a very well dress/coffed professional - he then spoke and there would be no amount of costumeing that could've help him. If he'd just keep his mouth shut - he could have fooled them all . .. .   lol

Now, where is town? Where do you go in your location for such? Or do you head down to Minnesota (Duluth, or Mpls)?

Edited by iseedit 12/10/2010 11:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)