AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eastern Livestock
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/9/2010 14:33 (#1476596 - in reply to #1476507)
Subject: Yes, your right Roy........

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
From my understanding, if the third party paid Eastern, and has a brand inspection to those cattle. Then the First party is out of luck. Third owns the cattle. Like Roy, said if I owned those cattle, they would be gone out of my yards. All the first party can do is file a claim against Eastern's bond, and also take them to court. Good luck in doing that. If Eastern still by chance had those cattle in their yards, then if you had a brand inspection paper trail to Eastern, then your State Brand inspector would have some teeth in going after Eastern. They couldn't legally leave Eastern's yard unless Eastern satisfy their debt to the first party.

What everybody needs to do is raise holly H_ll with GIPSA and who ever requires the bonding process on dealers. There was a paper trail I read about, Eastern not conforming to the Bond requirements. They should have been stopped that hour from doing business at that time! I would guarantee you, that if I had a hot check from them, I would be finding out where Tommy Gibson is, even if it was in South America or where ever. He would be sporting a couple of broken knee caps.

So tell me guys do you have brand laws in your state's, how do you transfer ownership in your state? In Idaho or Utah you must show proof of ownership, or you can't sell or leave the state. You must also health papers. They do enforce the law, It might take a week or so, but they will find you and come after you. I've seen where guys have trucked cattle out of the state, no brand papers, sold at a commission house hundreds of miles from home. Brand dept. has put a hold on all checks, and issued fines. The brand laws do work. I've seen also where a guy stole from a ranch he worked for, sold cattle over a years time at commission house. They had a paper trail to charge him with 52 counts of theft, also nailed him on Federal weapons violations as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)