AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tipping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ILLRick
Posted 11/28/2010 22:53 (#1458930 - in reply to #1455245)
Subject: Re: Tipping

ECIL
With me it depends. If it is carryout or drive-thru I don't give a tip. All they did was their job of handing you a bag of food and a drink. Otherwise I tip 15% pretax as a general rule. Better service generates a better tip. The demeanor of the server can determine the tip as well. We once ate a place in the Smoky Mountains with horrendous service. We were the only customers besides three others and they were using some kind of radio device to send the order to the kitchen and for when the food was ready. After over half an hour of waiting and cornering the waitress she finally went to the kitchen to see what the holdup was. The response was the order wasn't received. The manager, with an attitude, said they were having radio problems. We finally got our food 20 minutes later but were never checked on to see if things were to our satisfaction (it wasn't) and no refills on water. We left a $1 tip as a statement.
OTOH, Friday night wifey and I went out to Logan's Steakhouse in Columbus, OH while there for Thanksgiving. The waiter was very friendly, helpful, and great with service. On a $72.xx pretax bill we gave him a $20 tip.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)