AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sexed semen?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/8/2010 22:42 (#1427897 - in reply to #1427743)
Subject: RE: Sexed semen?

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
How can it be? If you read all the studies done on it, they have lower conseption rates than reg. A.I. semen. I've been told and have also read the avg. dairies A.I. rates are around 30% for older milking herds. I've read some herds for first time calver's in the 60% range for sexed semen at it's best. I've been told it is a disaster on older cows. Plus I was told the semen they are sexing is stuff that you wouldn't normally buy, so they are just trying to unload no selling semen. At least that was what I was told.

I just can't see how sexed semen has a part in milk prices right now anyway. I blame it all on those trading milk futures. Just legalised gambling it is. My processor just sent me a letter less than 30 days ago looking for milk. Wanting to know if we are going to expand. They did the same thing in 06' I was then told in 08' don't over produce what I did in 07' or they might have to impose penalties for over production.

I really think everybody better hold tight, I think the roller coaster is picking up speed. I do know dairymen will not stand another year like last year. I bet most will sell the cows.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)