AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Indiana Cattle Broker bouncing checks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/9/2010 06:18 (#1428123 - in reply to #1428020)
Subject: RE: WSJ source, $100mill unpaid bills, $94 million of that bounced checks so far

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
That's the same thing Tommy told my buddy yesterday. It will all work out. My buddy said that Eastern handled 1 out of every 15 yearlings in this country. He said he wondered is that was really true, even if not quite that many. It is surly a lot of cattle they had their hands on. My buddy didn't say anything about missing cattle.

It just makes me sick to think about this. How many cattlemen are sitting on a empty check right now?
We are a pretty trusting bunch, people in agriculture. But really what good is a contract? When these big time deals go south? The only ones that ever get their money is the lawyers.

I just think of the milk processor that I ship too, I have no contract with them. One of their independent milk haulers knocked on our door 20 years ago. He had heard DFA was going to not pick us up in 30 days. We had just signed our contract with them for a year. One producer in our valley was quiting, DFA told us sorry, we won't pick the valley up anymore. We were only seven miles from Interstate highway their trucks run everyday!

So we told this driver to come and get our milk. All just word of mouth and their and our honor. They have been good to us. Never a late truck nor a late check! So this world can still run with no contracts, people need to have a little honor and pride.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 11/9/2010 06:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)