AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ user report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 5/8/2006 01:06 (#10566 - in reply to #10382)
Subject: Re: EZ user report

Leesburg, Ohio
Thanks for the tip on planning from Trimble, Mike.
I have planted corn for two more days since my last post, (just finished corn) and have used the EZsteer almost continuously. I like it for corn alot more than I thought. Have been in some no-til, but mostly soft conventional til. After making a few adjustments the other day in turn angle, freeplay, and aggressiveness, it really does a nice, acceptable job in about any conditions. Sometimes just a little wiggle, but I'm happy with the way the rows look at this point. I don't think it would work reliably for strip-till and coming back on the strips later, but sure is nice for long hours and night-time planting.
Have not used the headland feature enough to master it, so I'm definately not ready to ditch the markers...I still use them all the time. I've learned that it's easy to counter-act any WAAS drift by still using the markers and them hitting the "nudge" buttons. Still easier than driving manually. Maybe drilling beans the markers wouldn't be needed.
Would be nice to have a foot switch or knee switch to engage and disengage...maybe there's an auto-engage feature that I haven't found on the menus...things are already kinda busy on the ends, especially with the older tractors that don't have the programmable controls.
Maybe tomorrow Evan will give me some seat time in the 8300 with eDrive.
Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)