AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ user report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Don Smith
Posted 5/5/2006 15:10 (#10156)
Subject: EZ user report

Centre county Pennsylvania, USA
After 3 weeks of seat time with Trimble EZsteer/WAAS on hilly farms in 2 Central PA counties I'm a happy EZ camper. No question in my mind, EZsteer is the best Precision Ag investment I’ve ever made, but it’s not quite perfect, yet.

No problems with EZ steering performance, or cost. Tracks are very good in all terrain; off-track errors are mostly 0 to 2 inches, occasionally 3 inches and once in blue moon 4 inches. Trimble’s T2 is doing incredible job in these hills. I haven’t used EZ for planting, yet, but EZ tracks for spraying and fertilizers spreading appear to be straighter than corn rows we planted with row markers this year.

Only problem I’ve had with EZ is with pressing wrong button during reacquisition of EZ steer after headland turns, then getting lost with menu and buttons while tractor is eating up acres. That part of EZ seems to be less user friendly than it should be. Trimble's new version 3.1 firmware seems to give pilot plenty of (much needed) info on screen but it takes more On Job Training (OJT) than expected to use that additional info without crashing and burning during headland turns. Problem seems to be that control buttons are all close together and all are active during headland turn, but only one of those buttons is "the right” button. Confusion about screen info and buttons gets intense during reacquizition from headland turn. I could solve my problem by using remote keypad if I could disable all buttons except "the right” button on that remote. I’m sure that would require firmware version upgrade to do, but it would make EZ much more user friendly for me. We seem to have more headland turns than we have rows here in these hills.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)