AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

December corn question?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 9/25/2010 11:10 (#1373609 - in reply to #1372847)
Subject: Not so fast....

Southeast Colorado
Some of you contributing to this thread assume that by others wishing the market would continue in an uptrend somehow have some kind of control on the direction this market is heading. I may wish the market would stay right here where both the end user and I can make a profit. So what. The market will do what it wants to regardless of what I wish for. It is our job to figure out how to sell in the upper part of where the market trades. If we don't we will soon not be a very good competitor. If you go ahead and lock in all of your grain prices now because you are being logical only to find corn selling for 8 or 9 dollars and inputs going sky high it obviously wouldn't have been a very smart decision. I know high grain markets make us all become a lot more testy and emotional about marketing their crops but don't just assume that those who think these prices will continue to rise have any control one way or the other of which way this market is going to move. Besides, like No Till, the price here is about $4.80. Is that really too high? Surely not, it is 2010, not 1975. Hasn't everyone gotten tired of spending $600 an acre to grow 6 to 700 dollars worth of grain?

Edited by tmrand 9/25/2010 11:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)