AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 9/19/2010 22:12 (#1366400 - in reply to #1366365)
Subject: Many things

at play right now, all of which have made the stock market crusty and stale. There is really no clear direction as the volume has been horrible for the last year. I am like you, I think if things start to slide we go down to the 8K range.

HOWEVER, the more time we tread water at this 9.7-11K range, the less likely I feel we will dip hard again. If we hold this range for another year, I think we start to cycle higher. The economy is weak, but learning to live with its surroundings, so while nothing feels right, right now. It will feel much better much quicker when things to begin to percolate, just like everything felt so bad when things went into a land slide. Until that day comes, its a day trader's world as the long term investor is much like your comments, scared of the economy and waiting.

If you want to play with equities, look around for some solid dividend stocks, emerging market stocks, or ag. Tech is too volatile right now, but you can hit some major swings as some have taken a hit lately, if you have the stomach. Energy is another that is dicey, but might work. Personally fertilizers have played well for me the last several months, and I think it could be on the verge of major "rewards" Most hit bottom in July and hard. I think we see them start to really push the next leg in Oct-Dec and if they have enough steam head for 07's highs all spring, but we will see.

Edited by Mizzou Tiger 9/19/2010 22:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)