AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Take 5 more off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 9/15/2010 08:30 (#1360260 - in reply to #1359857)
Subject: Well

I am not going to try and debate the economy with you, especially since I have noticed on many post you are very entrenched in the idea that things will not be good until rainbows and sunshine start shooting out of people's @sses. And yes I know you want to know were its going to come from.

I will agree this "stabilization" we are going through is slow and we might even go slightly backwards a time or two. However, people are still going to buy consumer products, maybe not in bulk like before, but the economy is large enough now, things don't just stop. IF that day ever comes we ALL have bigger issues.

Some people in this country (not referring to anyone here per say) are going to have to get off their @ss and go dig a ditch for awhile. Jobs are not going to just come back, and THEY SHOULDN'T. A lot of people in high places were doing NOTHING and getting PAID big for it. I liken it to the statement in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (great movie if you have never seen it) that describes why Cousin Eddie has not had a job for two years after being laid off from the asbestos plant. Its because he has been holding out for a management position.

Corporate America is pretty strong right now, look at cash on the books. They figured out how to operate lean and mean until the excess comes back. If you set around and wait for the Dow 14K and oil to 150 then you have missed huge opportunity and will only cash in on any new highs that are made. Look at the ROROI you would have made if you jumped into the market when it bottomed that 4K point ago, that you referenced.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)