AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Take 5 more off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 9/14/2010 21:19 (#1359695)
Subject: Take 5 more off

the national yield and that will get us close. Harvest moving north and yields are still short compared to potential on the good areas, and the bad ones, well bad. I know I know, you guys in that little pocket of heaven in NIA,SMN, and Dakotas are going to whoop that national yield into shape. Well lets see it. Its going to take a lot of acres that are really really really really good to pull a large chuck of IL and IA outta the crapper.

You can add at least $1 to corn by spring, may happen sooner than later, which means you might add a $2 by spring/summer. If demand holds true and the wheat issue is concrete, we will hear air in the pipe. Is the 07' highs sustainable, no, not in the near future. But "price discovery" trumps "just in time" inventory when bowls are empty.

Also, I commented that oil might get legs under it and was questioned "from where". Well its still early, but we sure headed towards $80 pretty quick lately and Wall Street seems to have its mo jo back. Its not flashy, but we went from an airplane in a nose dive with no engines TO we got one started and have pulled outta the dive, now its time to change our undies and get engine two fired. It may take some time to get the world economy back, but the longer things hang in stale limbo mode, the more pent up energy there is when things finally do pop. Remember, very few want to see the world economy in the crapper for very long. Its human nature to find a better way, we are eternal optimist. Talk about demand and sustainability when this happens.

Or I could be wrong, we get 170 national average, corn goes to $1.89, oil to $20, Wall Street literally craps itself, and we start bartering for supplies and carrying six shooters.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)