AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4.39 in dec corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mark, ncIA
Posted 8/28/2010 09:34 (#1335844 - in reply to #1335798)
Subject: Re: 4.39 in dec corn

Steve,

You're not going to get that kind of help, carrying this crop yield, out of the north central or central IA crop reporting dictricts. We've got a good crop up here for what it's been through; but, it ain't no district record, someone else will have to carry that water. Not unlike your IN & OH comments, there will be lots of individual field yield records around; but, there's some train wrecks too. Lots of fields decimated by northern corn leaf blight & Goss's wilt and of coarse those that recieved 1-1.5 years worth of rain during the early part of the growing season and all that entails.

MN has been and continues to be over rated by the USDA. They do have a wonderful looking crop; but, come on, 90%+ GE? Consistancy does lead to records, imho, and they've got that from what I've seen out the window @ 65 mph. A scout stopped through here & showed me his findings in MN this week. Not too impressive, lots of tip back, uneven sized ears and the girth was lower than his past averages. I think it's going to be tough for those big yielding/ big production counties up there to match their 2004-2007 productions, certainly some of the more marginal producing counties will do pretty well 7 sw does look awsome.

Mark

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)