AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4.39 in dec corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 8/28/2010 08:54 (#1335798 - in reply to #1335756)
Subject: Re: 4.39 in dec corn

North Central Illinois
Ray, I've been bearish corn for most of the winter and part of the summer. I'm getting a funny kind of feeling in my stomach. Quite often we hear some really good yields early on. So far that hasn't been the case. I have to admit that looking at my own corn again this week it looks like it will be less than what I have been thinking. Until we start getting some yields out of northern Iowa and Minnesota I'm not sure we are going to hear too many great yields. What are you hearing Ray? Are Iowa and Minnesota going to carry this crop to 13.3 billion? What about Kansas, Nebraska, and the Dakotas? All summer I thought those states were going to have enough really good corn to make up for some of the crap in the other states. Indiana and Ohio are a real mixed bag too. Some really good and some really poor. What about moisture? Can enough of the crop come in below 15% to make a difference on national yield? I am not ready to be a raging bull just yet but I am starting to reevaluate things. Give us your thoughts Ray. I respect your opinion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)