AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marketing Programs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 8/13/2010 22:34 (#1314472 - in reply to #1314274)
Subject: from a former advisor

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
The following views reflect my opinions only. These opinions were shaped by the firm I worked for however none of them officially represent that firm...

1. Mark Gold is a tool shed. He is not an advisor, he is a trader and a motivational speaker. I am sure he has his fans on here but I will never be one of them.

2. As rhedge pointed out there are lots of options out there one can use to market their grain.

3. Fee based advise with a PERSONAL advisor is the only way to receive marketing advice and not trading advice. If the only way an advisor makes money is by trading, plan on trading.

4. If you have on-farm storage (even if you don't actually) if your advisor tries to play down the importance of basis and basis sales run and hide. If you want to know how important basis is go have a CANDID discussion with a grain merchandiser about basis. They love you if you do not care, they will work for your grain if you care.

5. There is no way to pick the top of the market. NONE. There is a way to manage risk.

6. If I could pick tops, everyone is right, I damned sure would not be an advisor. Or a combiner for that matter. I would trade for me and me only. I was an advisor to help manage price risk and help make basis sales. Not pick tops or bottoms.

7. Independence is important for both you and the advisor. An independent advisor works for you.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)