AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Semi Hay trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

hesston8465a
Posted 8/8/2010 22:16 (#1306930 - in reply to #1305104)
Subject: RE: A question

Parsons Kansas
What made you want to buy a single axle truck?

I'm in the same situation as you in wanting a truck and I want a single axle also. Only I'm wanting a truck with a sleeper. I know the family will want to go with me sometime wheather it's accross the street or accross the country.

I'm wanting a truck to haul hay with mainly but to also take some of the strain off my pickup. And in the long run be safer with better brakes and actually being built to handle the load. I'm going to pull a 12 bale self dumping trailer very simular to an Atchison that I have been building over the winter.

Some of the "truck people" I talk to say buy a tandem and be done with it. The only trouble is some of the places I deliver hay to a pickup and this trailer is barely going to fit. So this is why I ask what made you buy a single axle truck?

Where did you buy it? And if you are willing to tell what did you have to give for it? I'm not going to give and arm and leg for one as I can barely justify the cost of owning one as small of a producer as I am but I know it would be the best way (tool) to do the job I am wanting to do. Been looking for a single axle Freightliner with a ten speed and a sleeper for somewhere around $5000 maybe a little higher if it was "the one" .

As far as your trailer question I have really no input. That's a very nice trailer that you linked to in one of your replies above. And I do understand about the money thing. I wish you could post pics, I would like to see your truck. Good luck Darren
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)