AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who is REALLY buying Wheat Futures??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 8/4/2010 07:53 (#1300400)
Subject: Who is REALLY buying Wheat Futures??

When it comes to position reporting for the CFTC's COT report, who polices this?? Is it the same "team" that watched over derivatives? is it the same "team" that watched over Freddie and Fannie Mae? is it he same team that watched over the Bond Rating Agencies?

What I am getting at, what is to prevent Commerical Grain Firms from buying wheat futures disguised as small or large specs? Realize it sounds totally outlandish but STRANGER things have happened and recently.

SOMETHING weird is going one in this wheat market, I can SMELL IT..........typically the Commercials would be selling futures to hedge thier positions as they buy cash wheat from the farmers , I realize this is the ordinary practice but something is not jiving here, who in the he!! is buying all the futures?? I do not believe it is "funds" only.........Can it be overseas commercials (thats a conundrum isnt it) buying to protect prior export committments so not to lose market share? (ie Cargills overseas operations buying to cover sales)

All I know is it doesnt pass the sniff test.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)