AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It's hard to trade
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

buckster
Posted 7/28/2010 08:07 (#1291090 - in reply to #1290908)
Subject: Re: It's hard to trade

north central iowa
Mark, you are right in saying that it isnt unusual for some guys to be carrying old corn to end of July. And with the quality issues and few pops we have gotten in the market I thought maybe more would have been sold?? I guess I was just saying there is more out there than a guy realizes. I also think there will be storage issues come fall. Coop not to far from here is full and already piling outside. Not a good sign with the amount of corn on the farm yet. Not much for a rail market now and the end processors have their belly full for the next couple months. By the way I am 6 miles from Rembrandt which uses roughly 4-5 million bu a year and about 7-8 miles from Christensen Farms Feed Mill which I think uses roughly 10-12 million a year. And GLobal ethanol is west of here about 15 miles and they use I think about 80,000 to 100,000 a day. And with all the coops around besides and still quite a bit of corn to be priced?? Time will tell.

We will have new corn here by the end of Sept. IMO. The basis seems to be getting wider by the day and doesnt look to improve at least here in the short term. We had a very good crop last year around here as far as yield. Test weight sucked and was alot of FM. These are just some of the things I am seeing in my backyard.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)