AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DSL coming, questions...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 3/7/2007 11:17 (#116104 - in reply to #116079)
Subject: RE: DSL coming, questions...

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
I did the same and let my Mrs. sign us up for DSL. Kind of hard to turn it down when it was only $5 more per month. Even as tight as I am that sounds okay. What we did, mostly to eliminate crawling around under the house to replace a phone line that quit working, was get the telephone co. to give us a wireless modem for the DSL. All we had to buy was a wireless card for the computer. $35. The modem plugs into the phone jack (the one that works) in the kitchen, and the computer (s) can be wherever.

The phone company is using the old wire here for a ways as well. As a matter of fact, I know it is old copper and has a splice or two in it as well (they didn't bury it deep enough) and no problems, DSL is very fast and trouble free. The other high speed options in this area (wireless and cell phone) are intermittent at best. Not to mention I can't even TALK on a cell phone here-I doubt it is going to handle high speed internet very well.

I bet you will really like high speed, lots of neat stuff out there. Check out Google Earth, it is flat amazing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)