AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mac or Vista
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

guessrow
Posted 2/22/2007 19:04 (#109304 - in reply to #108371)
Subject: check your hardware/software

Le Sueur VIA St.Thomas
You can got to microsoft and find out how your current setup will run with vista. I was considering updating to vista from XP and used microsoft's upgrade advisor. I found out that one of my printers wasn't currently supported under vista(dell 942) and drivers wouldn't be available for a couple months. Musicmatch jukebox had similar issues. The biggest issue for me though, was that my Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2006 drafting program ($4,000.00+) was not and WOULD NOT work with vista. I can upgrade to ADT 2008 (for hundreds of dollars) which will work with vista if I want to, but I'm not even sure if it has been released, yet.

I have two brother in laws and another good friend in the IT field. They all agree that vista will be better that xp, also that it is probably better to wait a year to let the hardware and software catch up. My one brother in law and my good friend are PC guys, the other is linux and his wife has a mac.

I think they are all good- they all have advantages and disadvantages.

If you're used to a pc i'd think you should stay with it. Even though neither would be a bad decision having, compatable machines would probably be esier in the long run.

good luck- jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)