AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mac or Vista
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 2/22/2007 00:17 (#108924 - in reply to #108842)
Subject: Re: Mac or Vista

Western CO

As for networking, yes the Mac will definitely network with the Windows machines. I still have an XP machine on my network as well as the Mac running Windows in Parallels. File transfer is not a problem -- I regularly transfer music, photos and office files. I run my printers on the Macs and then use Bonjour from Apple to use them from Windows.

Actually the Apple "mighty" mouse has a scroll button on it -- I think it works better than any other mouse I have used but again it is a bit of personal preference. The other 3 Macs that we have are running a "Windows" style mouse (actually a MS mouse on two of them). You can use the control key on the keyboard to access the right button controls with the "mighty" mouse as well.

Well this may be an over the top statement but you've not experienced a "real" OS yet if you have only used Windows and DOS. I would consider Mac OS X to be several steps above them. The only time I have rebooted my iMac since I have had it is for a couple of OS upgrades (the latest to cover the change in DST) -- it is on 24/7 -- which is the same way that I ran my Windows machines but it seemed like I could never get through more than 2-3 days before I had to reboot them.

I'll also say that a Mac is probably not for everyone, but the fact that they are mentioned here on a fairly frequent basis I think means they are beginning to gather some momentum. I didn't see any questions about Macs a couple of years ago.

If you have an Apple store or CompUSA nearby you can go in and test drive them. Obviously the sales guys there will be very pro Mac but you could get a basic feel for how the OS works and how you think it might work for you.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)