AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Local jobs lost.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Topshot
Posted 1/31/2010 13:35 (#1050675 - in reply to #1050621)
Subject: Re: Local jobs lost.

Near Richmond, IN
It's greed on the company's part and our own fault for always wanting the lowest price (by our own, I mean everyone in the USA, not just ones on here). If we'd all quit buying things made out of the country it'd help but everyone would have to do it and an awful lot of people don't really care until they lose their job. Of course it's hard not to buy things made in Mexico especially since so many things are-and that might be the only source to us. It would help immensely if the American workers would put in a full days work for their employer and not always bitch and moan that they're getting screwed (my stepson used to work in a UAW factory and has told me, what I consider horror stories, about people not doing their jobs--even farmers that worked there-going home to work while someone else punched them out on the time clock, stealing, etc. etc. If someone owns a company you can't blame them for wanting to get something for their payments for labor. Sorry to go off on a rant but basically that's the problem. I don't want to start a union war with this either.
I swear that over the years the people who complained the most about prices-this is with me as I sell seed-were the ones that worked at UAW plants in our area and made really good money--they didn't just complain to me-they always complained about prices of everything. The ones that almost never complained were the full time farmers. (I know, hard to believe that farmers wouldn't complain--we complain about everything, don't we :-) )
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)