AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is it cheating if you dont win?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Omar
Posted 1/30/2010 10:52 (#1049102 - in reply to #1048775)
Subject: Re: Is it cheating if you dont win?

Elmira, Ontario

plowboy - 1/30/2010 03:01 If they didn't want the old clubs to be used, why did they exempt them from the new rule?

It was part of the settlement of a lawsuit years ago.

It looks like Phil put one wedge in the bag for a specific circumstance (maybe a spot where he needed to generate extra spin to stop a ball from skidding across the green). I expect he played the other wedges normally. I'd be interested to know how often he actually used the club.

Phil's an interesting guy. Some tournaments, he will put two different drivers in the bag because of one or two shots that set up better with the second driver.

I'm not sure all these tricks amount to much though. The difference between two clubs for those guys is still within the margin of error on each club. In other words, you still have to hit the ball perfectly to make the trick club do better than the regular club.

I fall on the side of if it's legal, let them use it, otherwise it's not really legal. Surely all the other advances in club technology will overcome a square groove from prior to 1990?

The only advantage Phil has with that club is psychological. He's just gotten into the heads of the other guys. That's what Tiger does so well. It looks like Phil is learning the trick.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)