AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electricty finally
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John SD
Posted 1/28/2010 22:17 (#1046850 - in reply to #1045564)
Subject: RE: Electricty finally

I'm lucky the power was only off here for a couple hours. I was in Faith today for a medical appt and groceries. Faith had power but no water. They did gain a bit when they drained the city's water tower completely to avoid freeze damage. The residents and businesses were making do quite well under the circumstances. I haul my drinking water in 5 gal containers. Called the grocery store before I left to see if I could refill at their RO water machine yet. Obviously not so I didn't bother taking the empty jugs to town.

The grocery store had a impressive stock of most everything including gallon jugs of water. Clinic was operating in a normal fashion. Kinda ironic that the country gals who work there were hauling water to town for basic clinic needs. Too bad about the FUBAR on flooding the Tri-County equipment. That sure set them back a lot.

Fire dept was delivering lake water around town to flush toilets and somehow had showers available at the fire hall. Saw a sign that said to call the city office to make an appt to take a shower. Everyone seemed to come through it all in good shape and they are making the most of it.

Edited by John SD 1/28/2010 22:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)