AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Have we talked specifically about Food, Inc.?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike Shimek
Posted 1/28/2010 06:55 (#1045409 - in reply to #1045292)
Subject: Re: Have we talked specifically about Food, Inc.?

High Springs, Florida
This "all natural" and "organic" crap really irks me. It is nothing more than a play on words. Genetically modified produce? There is GMO sweet corn, but I am unaware of any other GMO vegetables at this time. These folks seem to portray farmers as people who's biggest kick in life is putting on a rubber apron, gloves and face mask and gleefully mixing up batches of chemicals to spray on anything and everything. Truth be told, I always hated spraying and never did it unless absolutely necessary. Those chemicals are really expensive, some are $400 for a gallon jug. Those big spray rigs cost as much as a combine. Most, if not all farmers would rather have the money in the bank instead of sitting out there in the machinery shed.

As I type this, I am sipping on a cup of all natural coffee, made with hand picked coffee beans from South America. It is sweetened with all natural honey, harvested from bee hives placed in orange groves from sunny Florida. I am drinking from an all natural glass coffee mug made from natural sand deposits in West Virginia. Ahhhhh!, I feel so much better, now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)