AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

??? on daily shop visitors from below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

beh
Posted 1/25/2010 00:04 (#1039985 - in reply to #1039484)
Subject: Re: ??? on daily shop visitors from below

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
We do have BS sessions in our shop, but it is the nature of our business. I can't knock them. But some things are understood. Keep it short when May comes around.

Currently in the shop:
Combine--rebuilding Clean Grain elevator, Feederhouse dismantled, front beater out, cylinder bars to be replaced, main drive engage to be rebuilt, along with several sprockets and one walker in need of attention. My current project

Truck--getting ready to take to sale, removing equipment for our business, cleaning cab, waiting on kit to rebuild air compressor, cab still needs waxed, all other clean up is done. Hired man on everything but the compressor, the compressor is me.

Pickup: Transmission removed to replace slave cylinder on clutch.

Pickup: in for paint and body work. Minor but time consuming.

Outside shop that needs major attention: Truck that needs a clutch, complete brake job and wheel seals. Truck that needs repaired from engine fire. Truck that needs normal winter service. Combine trailer that needs a wheel seal. 2 combines that need completely gone through, one needs major hydro work. Tractor that needs normal service. Pickup that needs injection pump. An d whatever else appears.

Our shop is a PROFIT CENTER, not a coffee shop. We don't use the dealer for repairs.

And we need to trade combines, working on that.

And we need to update a couple trucks.

And a grain cart.

I know our shop and equipment management makes us money, I can see why one would take the easy road--but we enjoy it,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)