AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA Geo-spatial images ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bviator
Posted 2/6/2007 22:35 (#100514 - in reply to #100288)
Subject: Re: USDA Geo-spatial images ?

Southern Louisiana
Yep,

LizardTech no longer offers the free Geoviewer for MrSid Images. I am fortunate to still have the original free application they offered before they started charging licencsing fees. If I ever lose the original install file, I'll certainly pay for the new version. I use it more often than any other software on my laptop with the exception of Farmworks Site Pro. For a grower/client, if they only need one set of images for their farm every 4 to 6 years when new DOQQ satellite images become available, it may be best to get a retailer, consultant, or government official who works with imagery on a daily basis and has already purchased the MrSid software to convert and process the image for you. Not sure if this complies with licensing laws or not, and some may charge for that service. In the meantime, I beleive SST and Farmworks have gotten licensing to convert the imagery in their software. As I mentioned before, I had problems doing this withing Farmworks, so I just use the Lizardtech application.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)