AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did you ever listen to? When the oldies were new!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 1/15/2010 01:29 (#1023341 - in reply to #1022403)
Subject: North dakota was a long ways away from Chicago and Little Rock.

just a tish NE of central ND
C N.Dakota is a long ways from KAAY in Littel Rock and WLS in Chicago........ I used to get those in on my inherited old vacuum tube variable air capacitor type clock radio from the late 50's era....I was too young to go out running around then so i got to stay in and listen to the good old radio.........I cant rember the brand for sure....... Zeneth(spell) comes to mind though.Turn it on and wait for a warmup...... watch the tubes glow through the grid in the red boxed clock radio. It had built in alarm as well as an outlet you could plug stuff into to turn it on at a certain time if you so desired.Lay you hand on top with you fingers folded down the back across the board back with wirewound antenna coil inside of it and improve the reception enough that the sky seemed to be the limit for where stations were comeing in from on some nights...
I remember the WLS Boogie check! anyone else remember that?
It seemed to take the right clear night to hear these numerous stations. I might be wa wrong here, but they don't make radios like that anymore unless you spend a fair amount of cash. Fm is great, but Im not getting any FM out of Little Rock or other far away spots up here now days(or any band/ station of radio from far away for that matter.)
Oh ..........the memories!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)