AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Right or left handed????????????????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MNRyeGrower
Posted 1/6/2010 17:22 (#1006700 - in reply to #1006333)
Subject: Former Topic on Shoveling Right or Left Handed...

Central MN

Having worked with a few people over the years I have a philosophy on this topic. I think there are basically 4 differnt body/mind types when it comes to writting/shooting/kicking/shoveling etc.

1. 100% Right handed
2. Mostly Right handed
3. 100% Left handed
4. Mostly Left Handed

The individuals in the "Mostly" categories may do basic things right or left handed (main test being writting) but other things with the other side. Being right or left handed is more than just your hand, it can involved your whole body such as when you shovel, kick, bat, shoot, fish and even operate machinery.

So individuals in the "mostly" caetegory are a bit more flexible in this regard. I also wonder if sometimes a bit more clumsy AT TIMES and AT CERTAIN THINGS. My brother for instance is right handed but can shoot either right or left although he is a better shot left handed. If certain tasks are easier with the opposite side yet you do them with your supposidly dominant side, you might be a little clumsier at that particular task. Some tasks or activities that involved tools or machinery designed for your clumsy side can make using them difficult and hard for you to master.

I have no scientific basis, research or studies to cite on my above opnion. Just what I have observed over the years.

I consider myself 100% right handed and will use my LEFT hand at the bottom of the shovel. I have often thought that was strange too since I know my right arm is stronger. So even though my right arm is stronger, it is being used in the weaker postion since it seems to be more important to utilize my right arms ability for control over strength.

NOTE:  http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=112243&mid=795236#M795236

Edited by MNRyeGrower 1/6/2010 17:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)